Corned Beef And Cabbage Recipe (poorgirlsguidechicago.com)
As part of our DIY Holiday + Party Kit series, we’re giving you our favorite recipe for corned beef, cabbage, potatoes and carrots.
Corned Beef & Cabbage Recipe (poorgirlsguidechicago.com)
(These portions make 5 servings)
- 3 pounds corned beef brisket with spice packet
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon of black peppercorn
- 5 tablespoons of spicy mustard
- 10 small red potatoes
- 5 carrots, peeled and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 large head cabbage, cut into small wedges I also use a mixture of green and red cabbage for variety) Continue reading
Brown Sugar Smokies
This super easy recipe cooks in under 30 minutes! Great for the Super Bowl, game day or any party.
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 (16 ounce) package little smokie
- 1 cup brown sugar, or to taste Continue reading
Buffalo chicken cheese balls – Football Party Appetizer
Try this delicious buffalo chicken appetizer for your football party!
Recipe makes 48 balls
- 2 (12.5 fl oz) cans chunk chicken breast, drained and flaked
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepperjack cheese
- 1 cup hot pepper sauce (such as Frank’s RedHot®)
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- oil for frying
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- Mix the chicken, green onions, Cheddar cheese, pepperjack cheese, hot sauce, and ranch dressing mix together in a bowl; form the mixture into 1-inch balls with a scoop. Place the balls on a large, flat dish; chill in refrigerator 2 to 3 hours.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Gently press the balls into the flour to coat and shake off any excess. Dip into the beaten egg and then press into bread crumbs. Place the breaded chicken balls onto a plate while breading the rest; do not stack.
- Fry the breaded balls in the hot oil until slightly browned, about 1 minute.
Firecakes Gluten-Free Donut
Flourless Valrhona Chocolate Cake Donut Now Available
68 W. Hubbard Street
Chicago, Illinois 60654
Looking for a decadent, gluten-free treat? Look no further than Firecakes in River North. Chef Jonathan Fox now offers a gluten-free version of his popular Triple Valrhona Chocolate donut. The flourless Valrhona chocolate cake donuts, with chocolate icing and chocolate cocoa nibs, are now available for $2.67 each.
Pre-orders are available; please place orders by 3 p.m. for next day pick up or delivery (one dozen donut minimum). Firecakes Donuts is open Monday-Thursday, 7 a.m.-9 p.m.; Friday 7 a.m.-10 p.m.; Saturday 8 a.m.-10 p.m.; and Sunday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.