2014 SUMMER FESTIVAL SEASON IS FINALLY HERE AND CHICAGO’S CELEBRATED RANDOLPH STREET MARKET IS BETTER THAN EVER!
Kicking off May 24+25 and recurring monthly through September, this timeless indoor/outdoor RETRO-SPECTACLE market reigns supreme with summer extravaganzas like none other!
Chicago’s Randolph Street Market, the country’s largest and liveliest urban antiques market, is celebrating 11 years as the premier vintage extravaganza with the can’t miss season opener kicking off summer, May 24 and 25, 2014. Doors open at 10 am, with early buy beginning at 8 am. Over 250 fabulous sellers, around the clock entertainment, disco dance party, a beer and wine garden with carnival games, hot international crowd and design stars, vintage beach bunnies, cooling stations and cabanas, fashion shows, artisan food vendors, and more- the indoor/outdoor season opener is the place to be and be seen to kick off your Chicago summer! Come for the amazing one-of-a-kind finds, and stay for the entire experience.
Don’t miss the following fun elements at this month’s Market:
• Sally Schwartz, Market founder, award winning party planner, and queen of vintage, will host VIP guests in her Cabana designed by internationally acclaimed Chicago designer, Michael Del Piero of Michael Del Piero Good Design. Over the past decade, interior designer Michael Del Piero has created a distinctive aesthetic that fuses rough with luxurious and ancient with modern. With her easygoing trademark flair, Michael will present a Rustically Refined “Living Tablescape” just in time for outdoor entertaining season! Be inspired by Michael’s gorgeous designs and check out the décor, tabletop essentials and furnishings from the Market’s top dealers Michael collected over time-all available for purchase.
• Come to the Fun Flower Foto Booth outside Sally’s Cabana for professional and candid shots of you and your friends, which will be available for download for you to take home.
• The Cabana will also play host to a roundtable with “Legends of the Antique Business” including Danielle Arnett, Susan Klein and Al Baghdad who will take part in a panel discussion/podcast in Sally’s Cabana hosted by Martin Willis, founder of the Antique & Auction forum. Antiques pro Harry Rinker will be onsite Saturday to give appraisals, in the ballroom 11am-2pm.
• 2013, 2012 & 2011 Emmy Award winner, Comedian/Travel & Foodie Expert Mark DeCarlo will make his debut at the Market. On Saturday, shoppers can take part in his interactive cooking demonstration where he will be giving away a free Caribbean vacation, as well as performing his Old Blue Eyes music set. You can meet Mark and pick up a copy of his signed book Taste of America with Mark DeCarlo.
• Cool down in the Shade Shack and go back in time with a market-wide Disco dance party at noon Saturday. Windy City Jitterbug and guest Rockabilly DJ Killer Diller will be rocking and rolling all weekend long with different jams from all the eras! Additionally, Chicago’s own Dusty Groove will serve as a hub for our vinyl record sellers.
• Chill out in the Hops & Grapes Gazebo featuring different beers each month from The House of Glunz Beer and Wine Garden wine from the West Loop’s City Winery.
• A rotating list of bands will be playing around the clock including fan favorites Woodstreet Bloodhounds, The Toni Morrison Quartet and Contrabanda. Visit randolphstreetmarket.com to see the full list of entertainment!
• Tandem Felix Letterpress returns with a Print Your Own Postcard Workshop. PRINT YOUR OWN POSTCARD WORKSHOP + MARKET ENTRY: $25
Sunday, May 25, 2014 Class – 12:30-2pm
• Bring your kids for a day of Treasure Hunting! Pick up a Treasure Map and activity sheet at the front gate and enjoy a day of exploration at RSM. Hand in the completed sheet to the Washington St gate and let your child pick a prize from the treasure chest, as well as take home a goody bag filled with bubbles, crayons and more.